New Sayoc instructor rankings have been released. Congratulations to all associate instructors and apprentice instructors who were promoted!
Current associate instructors:
- Joe M. (associate instructor 5)
- Lem (associate instructor 4)
- Vedo (associate instructor 2)
- Joe C. (associate instructor 1)
Current apprentice instructors:
- Ervin (apprentice instructor 4)
- Warren (apprentice instructor 2)
- Mosi (apprentice instructor 2)
- Mike D. (apprentice instructor 2)
- David D. (apprentice instructor 2)
Congratulations to both Joe C. and Miguel for their promotion to associate instructor! Both have trained for many years and definitely earned the rank of guro.
Additional congratulations to David D. for his promotion to apprentice instructor!
Check out the current Sayoc instructor list! Congratulations to all those who were promoted, including:
- Guro Lem Tasim (Associate Instructor – Level 4)
Plus our Apprentice Instructors:
- Miguel Acevedo (Apprentice Instructor – Level 5)
- Joe Cypressi (Apprentice Instructor – Level 5)
- Warren Dabney (Apprentice Instructor – Level 2)
- Ervin Quintin (Apprentice Instructor – Level 2)
- Mosi Jack (Apprentice Instructor – Level 2)
And our newest Apprentice:
- David Davis (Apprentice Instructor – Level 1)
Warren D. used to train with us here in Maryland, but moved to Western NY a few years ago. He has set up a training group in Western NY and invited me up to give a seminar for his students. It was a fun trip, and I enjoyed my first “beef on weck” sandwich …
Guro Bob Shin facilitated a six-hour Sayoc Kali seminar just outside of Buffalo, NY. It was attended by eight people, with experience ranging from several years to none at all. Several of the general principles of Sayoc Kali were addressed, including feeder/receiver mindsets, proper training etiquette, the concept of ‘all blade all the time’, and general blade handling techniques.
Thanks for inviting me up, Warren!